Telemedicine is defined by Wikipedia as the distribution of health-related services and information via electronic information and telecommunication technologies.
It allows long-distance patient and clinician contact, care, advice, reminders, education, intervention, monitoring, and remote admissions.
COVID has brought new visions in the healthcare industry and telemedicine is changing the healthcare landscape:
- Telemedicine will become a standard service offered across all care settings
- Patients will choose providers, health systems, and hospitals based on telemedicine access
- Medical facilities that embrace telemedicine will see business and revenue growth
- Telemedicine will become an efficient option for preventative care
- Access to specialists will become the norm, which will benefit hospital wait times
With the WNC Broadband Project team we continue to educate the communities on the digital divide and the need for digital inclusion for everybody in WNC to have high speed internet access or broadband for telemedicine to be effectively leveraged.