Broadband for All
Updates on Funding and Funneling Broadband
When Land-of-Sky, WestNGN Broadband, and the WNC Broadband Project team identified and starting working in broadband; we had dreams of getting everyone in Western North Carolina connected.
Over the years we’ve had wins that helped keep us motivated, but with limited resources we moved slowly towards our goals. It is now clear that likely upcoming changes to policy, programs, and funding are going to be giant disrupters to how we move forward broadband issues in the region.
We’ve been on pins and needles waiting on answers on how these changes will work in WNC, and we’re looking locally and the state to help fill in the learning gaps.
One thing that is clear- in order to get everyone connected we’re going to need to deepen our relationship with partners.
Virtual Event Agenda
- Introduction to Nate Denny, the new Deputy Secretary of Broadband and Digital Inclusion
- NC Department of Information Technology Staff
- First draft unveiling of the region’s digital inclusion plan from Land of Sky
- Stacey Hughes from Dogwood Health Trust
- Sara Nichols & Paul Moon from the Land-of-Sky Regional Council of Governments
- More broadband leaders
We hope you can join us virtually July 29th, 2021 from 10-11:30 EST to get updates from leaders on how we CONNECT WNC.