A digital nomad is an individual who leverages technology to work remotely and live an independent, location-flexible lifestyle.
These individuals often work in sectors such as tech, marketing, and freelance consulting, among others.
Digital nomads usually move from one location to another, whether within their home country or internationally, while maintaining their work commitments online.
Here are 7 compelling reasons for Asheville area work-from home / remote workers should consider partnering with our Mountain Area Workforce Development Board:
- Resource Access: Gain access to valuable workforce development resources, training programs, and job matching services.
- Community Engagement: Opportunity to connect with local businesses and government bodies to amplify digital nomad-specific needs.
- Skill Enhancement: Benefit from workshops and seminars aimed at upskilling, a valuable proposition for freelancers and remote workers.
- Networking: Establish connections with a diverse range of professionals and potential clients in Western North Carolina.
- Local Insights: Leverage NCWorks’ extensive local market knowledge to better adapt and serve the Asheville community.
- Funding Opportunities: Potential access to grants and financial resources aimed at skill development and community building.
- Broadband Expansion: Contribute to initiatives aimed at enhancing high-speed broadband access, a necessity for digital work.
- Email Marc@Land0fSky.org
- Call 828-575-6968
- Visit with Marc at the NCWorks Career Center Asheville at 48 Grove Street