By the Year 2025 – NC Governor Roy Cooper
What are the year 2025 broadband goals as define by North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper?
Improve % of NC Households with Broadband
Governor Roy Cooper wants to increase the percentage of North Carolina households with high-speed internet subscriptions:
- From 73 % to 80 %.
Boost Broadband for all NC Households with Children
Additionally, the Governor wants to boost the percentage of North Carolina households with children with high-speed internet subscriptions:
- From 81 % to 100 %
Close Racial Disparities
The plan is also focused on closing racial disparities in access to high-speed broadband and seeks to increase adoption rates to 80 % across racial subgroups including:
- Native American (currently 57 %)
- Black (currently 64 %)
- Latinx (currently 68 %)
- White populations (currently 76 %)
How will these NC broadband goals be achieved?
Connect WNC with Broadband for All Event
In Western North Carolina on Thursday, July 29; the Land-of-Sky Regional Council of Governments over Buncombe, Madison, Hendersonville, and Transylvania Counties with the Council of Governments west will learn more about the “funding and funneling for WNC broadband connectivity event.
Featured Event Speaker – Topics
- Stacey Hughes, Impact Officer at the Dogwood Health Trust
- Nate Denny, Deputy Secretary of Broadband and Digital Equity at N.C. Department of Information Technology – State Program and Policy Update
- Sara Nichols & Paul Moon – Land of Sky Region B – Digital Inclusion Plan
- Blair Levin, Non-resident Senior Fellow at The Brookings Institution, Washington, District of Columbia – Watching for Federal Changes
Join Us Virtually
- July 29th, 2021 from 10-11:30 EST
- Register Today
Goldstein P. North Carolina Unveils Digital Equity Office to Help Close Divide. Technology Solutions That Drive Government. Published 2021. Accessed July 28, 2021. https://statetechmagazine.com/article/2021/07/north-carolina-unveils-digital-equity-office-help-close-divide