Internet services are available in public libraries. including Buncombe Public Libraries.
In general, most public libraries offer the following internet services:
- Public access computers: Many libraries provide public access computers with internet access that patrons can use for free. These computers may have time limits or usage restrictions in place to ensure equal access for all library users.
- Wi-Fi: Most public libraries offer free Wi-Fi access for patrons who bring their own devices, such as laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
- Printing, scanning, and copying: Many libraries offer printing, scanning, and copying services for a fee, which patrons can access using library computers or their own devices connected to the library’s Wi-Fi.
- Online databases: Libraries often subscribe to online databases that patrons can access for free using library computers or their own devices connected to the library’s Wi-Fi. These databases may include academic journals, newspapers, magazines, and other reference materials.
- E-books and e-audiobooks: Some libraries offer e-books and e-audiobooks that patrons can borrow and download to their devices for free using the library’s online catalog.
It is a good idea to check with your local library to see what specific internet services they offer.