Five years ago, advocates convened to prepare a request for negotiations and the WestNGN entity was formed. In 2019 the WNC Broadband Project in conjunction with the University of North Carolina at Asheville was incepted.
Flash forward to 2022, a Western North Carolina ‘Update Table’ is shared with the community below.
- WNC Broadband Project Chair: Dr. William Sederburg
- Dogwood Health Trust VP of Impact – Economic Opportunity: Sarah Thompson
- Sara Nichols, Regional Planner at Land-of-Sky Regional Council
- N.C. Department of Information Technology (NCDIT) guests:
- Angie Baily, Director of the Broadband Infrastructure Office within the Division of Broadband and Digital Equity
- George Collier, NCLM Economic and Community Development Specialist
- Ben Shelton, Project Manager at North Carolina Center for Geographic Information and Analysis
- and more…
Help us advocate for reliable and fast internet in Western North Carolina.