Pack Library in Downtown Asheville
Located at 67 Haywood Street, the Pack Library and is the main branch in the Buncombe County Public Library System.
The first Pack Library was built and named for George Willis Pack in 1911.
This newer, 56,000-square foot facility was built in 1978 and renovated in 2012.
It includes digital resources including:
- Desktop Computer Access in the building
- Popular resources
- NC Live a statewide library cooperative, supporting 200+ public and academic libraries across North Carolina
- NC Digital Library powered by OverDrive and Kindle software
- Story Line and BiblioBoard hybrid software dedicated to keeping libraries at the forefront of their communities in an increasingly digital age. BiblioLabs offers patrons unlimited, multi-user access through BiblioBoard, the PatronsFirst® digital library, and provides tools that empower libraries to thrive as influential centers for creative community engagement.
- Tax Help
- WiFi for your own smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- Online events by age and by type
- Printing & Copying
What is your favorite digital resource at Buncombe County libraries; and why?
Libraries – Pack Memorial. Buncombecounty.org. https://www.buncombecounty.org/governing/depts/library/branch-locations/pack-memorial.aspx