Gov. Roy Cooper proposes investing $1.2 billion in federal American Rescue Plan funds in these key pillars necessary to close the digital gap:
- Infrastructure and access
- Digital literacy.
By investing in these key pillars, North Carolina can achieve digital equity for all.
The Digital Divide | Broadband Infrastructure Office. (2021). https://www.ncbroadband.gov/digital-divide
Digital Equity Resources
- A-B Tech
- Land-of-Sky, Area Agency on Aging, Mountain Area Workforce Development Board
- Digital Literacy Network for the Buncombe County resident, 60+ years-old, seeking to upskill or get technical skills to help with employability and career advancement.
- Experienced Worker Initiative – Asheville 50+ Works
- NCWorks Career Centers
- WNC Broadband Project of UNCA