Broadband at PARI or the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute series continues; with the topic of virtual education.
Lamar Owens, Chief Technology Officer discusses that good broadband is needed for:
- Space Kits program – https://www.pari.edu/camps/space-at-home/
- Funding by NASA
- Administration by Southwestern Community College in Sylva, NC – https://www.southwesterncc.edu/
- Video conference with Dr. Patricia Craig – https://www.linkedin.com/in/patricia-craig-b1495788/
- Using online tools like :
- Discord for students to communicate directly via voice, video, or text, and join servers where larger communities can interact together.
- GroupMe for private chat room for small groups.
Broadband at PARI Series
- Part 1 – Introduction to Lamar Owen at PARI
- Part 2 – History of Broadband at PARI
- Part 3 – Broadband has enabled connectivity at PARI
- Part 4 – the Future of Broadband at PARI