NC Broadband Infrastructure Office
A community leadership playbook is here from the North Carolina Information Technology Broadband Infrastructure Office (BIO).
- Planning Committees – recruit a dedicated group like the WNC Broadband Project and your Council of Governments (COG) to achieve your community’s broadband goals.
- Assets & Needs – Identify broadband assets to meet our community needs. In Buncombe, Madison, Transylvania, and Henderson County, the Land-of-Sky Regional Council of Governments here here to help.
- Building the Network – Form partnerships and roles to build you community’s broadband network. Who are your internet service providers (ISPs). What Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISP) do you have available? Are cellular and satellite viable options?
- Connecting with Partner Providers – Make long-term relationships with broadband provides and your community. Shoot to implement a fiber optic solution, if possible.
- Policy & Broadband – Create strategie and incentives to make you community attractive to broadband providers.
Review of the Playbook by Marc
Community Broadband Planning Playbook | Broadband Infrastructure Office. (2021). Ncbroadband.gov. https://www.ncbroadband.gov/technical-assistance/playbook